Position Name: Director of Academic Affairs
Organizations:Schwarzman College, Tsinghua University
About The Program
Designed to prepare the next generation of global leaders, Schwarzman Scholars is the first scholarship created to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the 21st Century. Whether in politics, business or science, the success of future leaders around the world will depend upon an understanding of China’s role in global trends. With the inaugural class enrolled in 2016, the program gives the world’s best and brightest students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and professional networks through a one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing – one of China’s most prestigious universities. Students pursue a Masters in Global Affairs, with concentrations in one of the following disciplines: public policy, economics and business, and international studies. The concentration gives students an opportunity to focus on aspects of global affairs they may not have previously studied. Students spend a year immersed in an international community of thinkers, innovators and senior leaders in business, politics and society. In an environment of intellectual engagement, professional development and cultural exchange, they learn from one another and pursue their academic disciplines while building their leadership capacities. This experience will expand students’ understanding of the world and create a growing network of global leaders for the future. For those ready to make their mark on the world, Schwarzman Scholars represents a once-in-a-life time opportunity. We are now preparing to welcome our third cohort in Fall 2018. Learn more at www.schwarzmanscholars.org
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Assists Schwarzman College Associate Dean of Academic Affairs in managing the Schwarzman College Academic Office
2. Based full time in the Academic Office of Schwarzman College
3. Operational/routine liaison for fostering, maintaining, improving, and coordinating relations with Ministry of Education and Tsinghua University and Schwarzman College.
4. Responsible for managing major academic projects such as the Capstone Project, academic parts of Orientation in coordination with Student Affairs and NY office, Deep Dive in coordination with Student Affairs, curriculum development and faculty governance in coordination with New York office, coordination with the Tsinghua University academic committee for Schwarzman College as needed.
5. Streamlines academic procedures and processes and coordinates routine student communication/clarification of university policies, deadlines, requirements.
6. Provides regular training to academic staff and coordinates regular staff meetings
7. Other duties assigned by the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and the Director of Academic Programs, based in New York
Suggested qualifications to include but not limited to:
1. Minimum of 5 years work experience with public university in China
2. Professional proficiency in Mandarin is required
3. Fluency in English and proficiency in English writing required
4. Graduate degree in social sciences from an international program strongly desired
Please send your bilingual resumes in Chinese and English to firstname.lastname@example.org